How To Overcome Effects of Childhood Sexual Abuse
Did you know that:
- It is estimated that as many as 40 million Americans (that’s 1 in 6!), experienced sexual victimization as children.
- 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 7 boys will be sexually victimized before age 18.
- The most common ages of children when sexual abuse occurs are between 8 and 12.
- Child sexual abuse often recurs and lasts an average of 1 to 4 years.
- 75% to 80% of all children assaulted or abused were victimized by someone they knew.
- One of five rape victims is under age 12; 10% of all are under age 5.
- Over 80% of offenders first offended by the age of 30 years.
Today on YOUR LIFE AFTER TRAUMA (2pm EST) survivor Rena Romano, a survivor who has shared her story nationally on Oprah and other media outlets, joins me to chat about how she overcame the effects of childhood sexual abuse. PLUS: she’s agreed to give away one copy of her memoir, His Puppet No More, for our PROJECT GIVE BACK GIVEAWAY!
If you’re struggling with the aftermath of childhood sexual abuse, or you know someone who is, join us for this special show today at 2pm EST.
You can call in to win our PROJECT GIVE BACK giveaway by dialing: 877.230.3062.
About Our Sponsor:
Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center
Timberline Knolls, a private residential treatment center for adolescent girls and women (ages 12 – 65+), offers hope, healing and recovery to women seeking treatment for eating disorders, trauma, PTSD, mood disorders, addiction, and co-occurring disorders. Highly trained professionals provide individualized clinical care in a spiritually nurturing, trauma aware treatment environment. Our picturesque 43-acre wooded campus is located in suburban Chicago. For more information on Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center, call us at 877.257.9611. We are also onFacebook – Timberline Knolls, LinkedIn – Timberline Knolls, and recently launchedthe Timberline Knolls Treatment Blog.